exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Thursday, July 20, 2006

KLIA bound

On the countless trips that I had made from KLIA, it has always been more of an adventure...of exploring a new place and sometimes the anticipation of seeing Bacon. This time around I can say its the first time ever that I hated leaving KLIA. It's not happen before,even during the days when i used to fly to CA.

Not even a brand new lesportsac could cure it. I was happy for about 5mins after that.So much for retail therapy.

I had just spent my lunch hour looking at flight prices .I had also booked 2 weeks of leave in xmas...even though I did not actually have enough time off and had to bring foward one day's leave from next year.I can ill-afford another trip in December, but I am sure going to try my best.

Frankly, I am upset. I am missing out on important events...birthdays,breakups and hookups are all celebrated without me. I still feel that I don't quite fit in here. I don't get how what they call food here is anything with the same tasteless gravy poured over anything from bread to veg to pies to meat.EVERYTHING TASTES THE SAME. Even the KFC potato gravy is nicer.And KFC here don't have mashed potatos. Or cheezy wedges.

As much of an alcoholic I am, not all conversations should be about the last time you got drunk and how you fell down the stairs in your hopelessly drunken state.It gets boring after a while. I also cannot stand people who states that any trip requiring a transfer at another airport is too far.

Am I just being a real bitch unwilling to assimilate or am I hoarding dreams of a perfect world? I know that if we moved back to KL there would be parts of it that I'll bitch about as well..but obviously that seems so far away when you are bitching about Eng-urh-and.

For the moment me and bacon are looking into moving back to KL (although he don't know about it yet, so keep it quiet) so anyone want to offer bacon a job?Anyone?

8 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

*although he don't know about it yet, so keep it quiet*

Which basically means it's just you fantasising about it for the moment. Heheh.

Have you talked to him about it? It's quite important, especially if you are really unsettled and unhappy in Eng-er-land.

7/20/2006 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

Yah he agreed to the move

But he was asleep.You can tell because he ask me to import my friends.

7/20/2006 04:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"anyone want to offer bacon a job?"
Want to sell spare parts?

7/21/2006 04:49:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

Anon: the edible type or the oily type?

7/21/2006 08:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bursting bubbles here: it's not easy for foreigners to get a job in Malaysia (we tried), unless he would like to be a househusband instead. Rather see if his company has postings in Malaysia.

You're not the only one feeling blue about not being able to go to mamak's for teh tarik and nasi lemak. But if you keep looking elsewhere, you'll never be able to settle down anywhere. Good luck.

7/21/2006 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

It's not that bad actually..because rules have changed so that foreigner husbands(not only foreigner wife like it used to be) are eligible for the spousal visa which will allow them to work without the hiring company applying for expat visa on their behalf - making them as employable as locals. They even get to go through the Malaysian Passport lane at KLIA with that!!

Only issue is that you would have to go through the bureaucracy - my ex collegue is married to a hungarian man and she goes through this every single year.

Dont plant that househusband idea..that's his ambition.:)

7/21/2006 10:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Anon: the edible type or the oily type?"

The bloody type - Human spare parts. Muahaha... welcome to the bloody cave!

7/22/2006 03:54:00 AM  
Blogger Otto said...

Oh Sourrain... I feel like giving you a hug! I've read a few of your posts here and find a kindred spirit. I am trying to import Alex to Msia and he doesn't know it YET.

Good luck.

8/09/2006 01:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home