exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Bloody Valentine

to all the suckers out there who are paying falsely inflated prices for pathetic wilting roses!

Was walking down Morley today to the library (yeah,I'm an avid reader so what?)and the streets were just filled with pathetic fools lugging along baskets and bouquets of flowers that were obviouusly out of season..not to mention simply quite ugly.Walked into the supermarket to get me some apples and the tills were filled with grouchy looking men with sickly pink roses and equally barbie-like valentine's day card that would get them kicked out of their men's club. Whahahaaha...imagine a 250lb bald man walking around with a pink card with fluffy edges proclaiming that he's someone's sex slave! bwhahhahaa!

As a newly minted married couple,one would expect elaborate (overly inflated again) dinner plans with the prerequisite flowers,chocs and romance. WRONG! Well,for one, the Bacon is going to football..how romantic is that? Without me I might say!! Bugger..

But with a little bit of romance left in this soul, I got the hubby a card weeks ago. Yesterday I stuck his lunchbox with heart stickers and stuck the card on top of it in the fridge,where he would see it juust before he goes to work. Guess what I got in return?

He tore a piece of paper off my grocerylist notepad, wrote happy valentine's day, stole one of my heart stickers and left it as my card.

Now,how anti-commercialization is that?!?!?!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
On the job front, I have had a few equiries from interested agencies after posting my CV on efinancialjobs.com. Considering that I had only signed up yesterday,my resume has been viewed four times and I have received two calls on it.

All would require me to move to London.

Which is where the problem is.London is bloody expensive. Being rooted in Leeds and uprooting so soon again,this might not be very good.On the other hand, I can go makan with louyau and be truthfully,way happier.I am a city girl..I need to feel the pulse of a big city throbbbing 24hrs.I am in dire need of friends who understand the joy of a good plate of nasi lemak and prawn mee and why I dream of it nearly daily.I thrive in a commercial,busy and sophisticated environment.

Not somewhere that won't even hire me as a receptionist because I am frankly overqualified for it.Not somewhere that the only job I can get is parellel with those leaving school at the age 17 and without any experience.

I am not being high and mighty here,but I need room for growth.Room to breathe and expand...and not forced to work in McDonalds as a toilet cleaner because I am restricted by location

What am I going to do?

3 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

What are you going to do?

You'd move to London when you get that job. :)

2/15/2006 01:28:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

hahahaha....

We shall see...I will probably start applying for other positions in London

2/15/2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

hahahahaha so u can't say he didn't wish you huh!

2/17/2006 04:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home