exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Saturday, January 14, 2006

She's getting married! Part 2

If you've missed Part 1; click here.
------------------------------------------------------------
The Ceremony
ringalingling
Our Tiffany & Co.'s binding rings!

At 11.15,we were whisked into an ante-room,where they asked us both silly questions like when were our birthdays,address ect even though they already have it all in records from when we put in our notice.

At 11.30 sharp,we were ushered into the Brodrick Suite to the sounds of U2's "Its a beautful day" as our bridal march.If you know me in real,you would've known that it is just expected that I won't march in with the bridal march going ta-ta-ta-taaaanng.

the bridal march
For once,I'm the one with the double chin! I was in a state of panic..heck,we both were.And with our upbeat bridal march,I felt like running instead of pretending to walk demurely.

The next 10 minutes felt like and eternity.I had no idea what the Registrar's was saying and I had no idea what we both said in our vows,so we took a look at it after the ceremony to see what had we put ourselves in...



We are here today to celebrate the marriage of Bacon and Baconette

And on their behalf I would like to welcome you all to the Brodrick Suite. I m sure it means a great deal to them that you can be here to share in their happiness on this occasion.

This place in which we are now met has been duly sanctioned, according to law, for the celebration of marriages. You are here to witness the joining in matrimony of Bacon and & Baconette. If any person present knows of any lawful impediment to this marriage, he or she should declare it now.

BRIDE AND GROOM STAND

Bacon and Baconette, before you are joined in matrimony I have to remind you of the solemn and binding character of the vows you are about to make. Marriage according to the law of this country is the union of one man with one woman, voluntarily entered into for life to the exclusion of all others.

The purpose of marriage is that you may always love, care for and support each other through all the joys and sorrows of life; and that love may be fulfilled in a relationship of permanent and continuing commitment. Today & & and & & wish to publicly affirm this commitment and offer each other the security that comes from legally binding vows, sincerely made and faithfully kept.

Now I am going to ask each of you in turn to declare that you know of no lawful reason why you should not be married to each other.

Will the bridegroom please say the following words after me.

I do solemnly declare that I know not of any lawful impediment why I Bacon, may not be joined in matrimony to Baconette

And now the bride. (repeat above)

Now the moment has come for Bacon and Baconette to contract their marriage before you , their witnesses, family and friends. Will you all please stand?

RINGS MAY BE EXCHANGED BY THE BRIDE AND GROOM

Will the bridegroom please say the following words after me.

& . I give you this ring as a sign of our marriage, as a token of my love and affection and as a symbol of our commitment to each other. I call upon these persons here present to witness that I Bacon do take thee Baconette to be my lawful wedded wife. I promise to love and care for you, honour and respect you and share with you all that I have. May we look forward to our future together with hope and happiness and always remember the feelings we share for each other on this our wedding day.

And now the bride. (repeat above)

Bacon and Baconette, you have both made the declarations prescribed by law and have made your promises to one another in the presence of your witnesses here today. Let us hope that this day will form a special day in your lives to look upon with much love and happiness.

Bacon and Baconette, It gives me great pleasure to declare that you are now husband and wife.


Signing our lives
Ta-da!

We are here today
I don't rememeber standing

I now pronounce you
Me saying my vows..

And then it was...
and its over
OVER!!!I can sit again,pheww!

The whole thing only took 11minutes in total...it felt like 10 fooking years!

During the signing,we had Pussycat Dolls' "Stickwitu" playing...courtesy of Mooi kindly downloading it for me...danke!
We had one last song after that,which was Sixpence None the Richer's "Kiss me", a ditzy happy kissy song.

As we were walking out,Bacon was overwhelmed,so it was Bridezilla to the rescue!
A moment

Everyone was waiting behind of us and the registrar's was waiting for us to get a move on before they close the doors behind us..hey,it's MY wedding,I will do whatever heck I want!

At 11.48am..
us
Out at last..

smile
S-M-I-L-E

raining love
Lindz(the bro in law's gf) raining us with confetti.I love the sepia-toned vintage look.This was not done on purpose,the step-father in law's camera sort of sucks,and all his pictures came out looking like this!

big doors2
Confettied hair

Stay tuned for Part 3 - The family and The Reception!

4 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

I love your choice of songs! :)

And that sepia tone pic is a great looking pic - albeit it was more of a accident than intended. ;)

1/15/2006 04:36:00 AM  
Blogger Kynne said...

Congratulations on the wedding Mili! May you be blessed with a wonderful life ahead, filled with many baconlings and baconettelings.

Aisey Mili, your Bacon looks like my Ikea-man, sama sama! :o)

1/16/2006 03:14:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

Thankee Kynne!

Ape Ikea-man???hahahaha!

1/16/2006 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

mils, where you get that fur thing? i like!

1/17/2006 01:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home