exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Friday, July 21, 2006

An explaination...

My previous posts have people jumping into different conclusions everywhere, and therefore I think an explaination of the bigger picture is due.

The Bacons have decided a long time ago that they would quite like to move back to KL if given half the chance. Firstly, we had agreed that I'll suck it up here for two years - in which after that he would be able to move on within the company, which means we will be looking elsewhere anyway, irregardless of it being KL or South Africa. Sucking it up here gives me a chance to understand him better and see the environment which had shaped him into who he is; like how he had experienced life in KL.

Unlike some people, I refuse to settle for a life where all I do is go shopping , stay at home to take care of the kids (or cat) and wait for the husband to come home. This sui lai lai lifestyle is a dream for many, but it does not float my boat. I've tried it out and it's not what I am made for.My life has always been nothing less than colorful, and england has left its grey stamp on my soul. Some people says if you love a person, you'll do anything for them. ANYTHING AT ALL. I for one believe that I am no different a person whether we are together or not..it does not change me and what I want out of life and what makes me happy.

I also do not believe that there is one place and one place only for everyone - I would quite love to move to Hong Kong for instance - but you always know home is where your heart is. Spinning around the globe is an adventure; but believing that you are doomed to live in one country and one country only is quite unappetizing. I know I would feel the same if I believe that I will only live in KL for the rest of my life with no chances of moving anywhere else...irregardless of how much I am moaning about it.

We agreed 2 years, and come rain or shine I'll be sucking it up here until at least next september irregardless of what I might say.Unless we win the lottery.

7 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Orh like that one!

Instead of seeing it as one more year to plough through, think of it as one year of adventure in Europe. Definitely use it to travel around Europe a bit if you can afford it. You won't be able to do this cheaply or as conveniently once you get back to Asia.

One weekend in Paris, one weekend in Amsterdam, one weekend in Barcelona... Woohoo!

7/21/2006 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

$$ or ££ or RM is always a problem...what I really hate is that at the moment I no longer can take any additional time off...I've barely have enough for australia at year end.

Will definately be doing weekends..but at the end of the day, someday somehow we will return to live in the UK but maybe not forever. So I still have time.And ibiza is a MUST!

7/21/2006 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger mooiness said...

Oh yeah how can I forget Ibiza! Go before your joints become rusty! :D

7/21/2006 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

wanna go ibiza too? Come we go partee..:)

Next year though.

7/21/2006 02:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't ibiza for singles only? but it's sure a party scene.

7/24/2006 01:55:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

I doubt that they check your marriage status at the passport control desk!

I am frankly quite proud to maintain my identity as a person post and pre marriage. Being married does not mean that I need to give up my love of partying and raving.That said, I had, and always will be into the dance music and the rave scene.

Real clubbers/ravers know that it's all about the music and culture, not about pulling the other sex. Those people are what we old timers call 'posers'. I had made many a good friend via my clubbing rounds, but no one that I even remotely fancied or vice versa.

Again, like I keep going on like a broken record, marriage does not make me half the person I am or merge into Bacon. Or less of a fiery firecracker. And I am so freaking proud of maintaining my own identity.

7/24/2006 05:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

irregardless????

7/28/2006 11:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home