exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 2007!

I don't do New Year's resolution,but after getting over my Bah Humbug-ness, I have a feeling that 2007 will be completely different from the others.You know those cheesy songs that starts with ,"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"? It sorta feels like this now…without the wedding

2006 have been a turbulent,money draining and eventful year..and to be just a little organised, this year I will be tracking my progress of growth.


Home
To finish decorating the house to resemble a home. To plot escape route and possibly move countries. Two totally contradicting resolutions, but it will be either one or the other.
To plant a tree and start a brand new garden. Planting my friends' favourite plants and flowers always reminds me of them,if you want to be reminded, tell me what your flower is!

Self
To lose 5+kg and return to the gym. Start Yoga lessons to correct posture and internal peace
To make an effort to go out more often and love my friends more.To appreciate the friends I keep and cease-and-desist those not worth keeping (like slash and burn). To get over the sickening feeling of homesickness.

Hobbies
To make salt dough creations. Finish my origami book with all it's examples.Take massage classes. Cook proper Malaysian dishes instead of the same old easy student-y dishes. Conquer the art of making Nasi Lemak. Take more photos and get a SLR for more hobbyist shots.

Travel
Would be happy in Ibiza (target time - April). Or if ££ permitting, Phuket with the girls and boy. Get to Glastonbury in end June. Bring parents around UK in July.A longer trip back to KL - preferably with an island break.

Career
To find a career that I really want. Do not succumb to work related stress. To develope a more zen-like approach at work.Make more friends at work, irregardless if I move or not.To have a proper saving account instead of splashing it all out on the house and touring the world. Pay off all house-related debts - other than mortgage and car

What is YOUR resolution?

4 Comments:

Blogger Skippy-san said...

If you find the career you really want,let me know. I had it once then I was required to change it. (The law is the law.....plus, being a Sailor is a young man's game!)

1/02/2007 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

my ideal career is a student.

hahahhaha.like that it's ever gonna happen.

I think I'll be contented enough with a job that gives me a bigger prespective of being able to grow in the company more than anything else

1/02/2007 01:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's my idea career too :)

when you've mastered nasi lemak, please cook for us ya?

1/03/2007 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

dreybee: If you come and visit me I'll cook you ANYTHING you like!

My only issue with Nasi lemak is I can't seem to find Pandan leaves (screwpine)

1/04/2007 08:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home