exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Home, sweet home

Warning, another EMO post!

Everything is so surreal now. I know I am technically home, but how much longer will this be 'home'? And if I call UK home, how much longer will it be 'home'? Will I be running back to KL in a couple of weeks/months time? Or will this last few weeks (3 more weeks to be precise) be the longest I will be in Malaysia for the rest of my pathetic life?

home sweet home

Somehow I miss having full reign of the kitchen.I miss waking up lazy in the morning with american tv to keep me occupied. I miss going out to my backyard for a morning puff under dreary skies.

But yet, this IS home. Where mommy cooks, all my clothes are freshly laundered and pressed, kitchen is spick and span and cantonese serials are nearly constatly on TV. Life will undoubtedly be completely different...but the grass is not always greener on the other side. Or is it?

Will I survive in the geriaritic village where everyone owns a cane to hob around with? Another chapter of my runaway life, another adventure. I have survived occupancy of Paris, Bruxelles, Fresno and San Francisco. Leeds should be a laugh comparatively.

Cherry tree

Of course, at that time I was also a starving student where leisure time is a given. I have changed into a ladder climbing corporate pest who had ruined her career by this bravado move....will I survive housewife-ness???

I feel much older than my 25 years.

Poison

5 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Home is where the heart is. Where's your heart? ;)

I know missing your parents and all that entails living in the same house with them will require a period of adjustment but you are afterall heading into the next phase of your life. Remember the past but don't be afraid of the future. :)

10/18/2005 06:46:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

I do not know where my heart is..I am leaving the people that had made my life worth living for the one thing that I cannot live without.

I have been known as the Great Deserter..moving and hopping from one country to another.After a failed migration to Gay Paree..I am just stuck as I am unsure whether I want to make Leeds 'home'.

I might be returning after a couple of weeks/months...and wouldn't want to miss that 'home' if I am forced to return to KL

Decisions, decisions. I guess this is the biggest 'adult' decision that I have had to make so far in life.

I don't wanna grow up...I wanna be a toys r us kid

10/18/2005 08:00:00 AM  
Blogger mooiness said...

Have to grow up lah ... I know it feels like you are leaving everyone behind but with technology the way it is, it doesn't mean you have to lose touch with them. And the way I see it, the rest of your life is in front of you - you have plenty of time to reacquaint with ppl and revisit places that you miss. :)

10/18/2005 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

Nothing beats bitching sessions over Starfux and Malboros...and nothing will ever replace raving madly and returning home at the turn of dawn...filled with Fei Por Kai Farn.

Nothing will ever replace karaoke sessions with the girls and earring making sessions

10/18/2005 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger mooiness said...

Ok I accept your point. :) You deserve our admiration for making a hard decision.

10/18/2005 04:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home