exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I want mine cold...

...And I'm not talking about beer either.

This is the first time that I had to put up with subzero temperature..and I don't mean subzero the blue alcopop.

Why am I going on and on about alcohol?Well..It's amazing that I have yet to have a proper pint ever since getting here about a week ago.Only one visit to the pub and that's for food.Maybe I'm getting an alcohol withdrawal symptom,not sure.

It's about an average of 0 deg. celcius to -10 here,depending on wind factor.I still find it amazing to wake up to iced windscreens and blades of grass standing on ends like it's icepops or something.Hey,stir one into your coke and you get iced coke!No need to break ice in,you're ready to go!

The past week have been a beehive of activicty for this housewife. Just cleaned out the room (at last!) and cleared the kitchen enough for it to passably qualify as a kitchen and not a camping ground.Going to unpack at last..been living out of a suitcase for the past week,which is quite painful,seeing that most of my goodies are still burried under my avalanche of clothes.

Shopping on Wednesday went ok - considering that 1.I am a girl 2. I have an excuse to buy a brand new wardrobe.Came away with a tweed coat,two jumpers, mitts,gloves,a scarf and a hat.

Interview of the Very Serious job on thursday went ok..but not that keen on it due to it being a 3 day a week job,which means my salary will be slashed to almost half.Couldn't hear much for most of the interview due to me walking around Sheffield for half an hour before the interview = frozen ears.Hat would've come in useful..but me in my suit and nicely bunned up hairdo would not allow for it.

I miss my lunabliss shareholders...but dreydrey's probably having a monster of a time in Austria and Sher having loads of fun in Cambodia..miss you girls...Saturday is just not the same without our bead buying spree and the bitching session after..:(.

Going to clean the house up a little more..wanting to leave my mark by peeing at all four corners.We got WiFi in today,so here's hoping that by next week I'd have a space to work out from and would be able to upload my gazillion of pictures.

3 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Peeing at all four corners - yeah do it! But then the cat might pee over yours. Territorial see.

11/20/2005 04:42:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

Yeah the cat's being quite territorial with me. He makes sure that he's in my bed before I am there....because I might throw him out otherwise.I wonder if he peed in my bed..

11/20/2005 05:30:00 PM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

hi hi! i'm back and so is sher. it is snowing in austria and germany. i love the below 0'C temperature. miss u babes.

11/23/2005 08:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home