exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Friday, December 02, 2005

Dry run 1



Ahh..the sweet smell of failure...



Arrived at hickstown high at 6.30pm...small litle hall mostly filled with fat,well-fed students smirking around with their chav-like hugeass 9k gold earrings. Oh god,am I screwed.



I must say, at the profit of £37 (excluding the £5 rental fee), I did pretty ok comparatively...the Ann Summers booth outside did not even draw a glance from the horde of grandmas and soon-to-be chavettes.I could'nt believe the nerve of one teeny chavette when she pointed to me real south sea pearls and told her friends 'Oh,look at what I have on my neck' and proceeded to show off her plastic pearl necklace

Enough bitching.

Learnt a couple of things...first, I need to make cheaper earrings. People snatch those up like hotcakes...although, admittedly, at £5 each or two for three, I ain't exactly selling them for dirt cheap.

And then I need to make sure I'm not placed at the entrance. When people walk in, they are intruiged by my items,but are more interested in checking everything else out first,since I AM the first stall. And then they promptly forget,or have spent all their money on other things that they have none left

It's quite touching and funny to see people spend money on you. One customer wanted 2 pairs of my £7 earrings and one £5 pounds. Obviously the £5 will be the free one.Poor girl only had £10 left, so I obviously could not give them earrings to her. She digged into her purse and found two £1 coins, and gave all her money to me and asked me what can she have.

I do feel somewhat guilty of charging at times like this.

2 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Heeeeey.....excellent! At least you've now got a taste of being a true entreprenuer! :)

37 quid is not bad for a first time. Slowly slowly. Baby steps. ;)

Hehehe chavettes. I can just imagine them.

12/02/2005 04:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work woman!! i see your talent doing some good work for you. so exciting! Don't worry, in time there will be tons of ppl rushing to buy.

12/03/2005 04:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home