exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Morley Christmas Market

Waking up at 6.30am is never my forte...especially after making earrings until 1am the night before.Factor in the freezing cold of the morning,crawling out of bed has never been so difficult,the lure of the business that lays ahead did nothing to change that.

After we both managed to crawl out of bed at 6.45,I stumbled downstairs to make a flask of hot jasmine tea to bring along. We were supposed to arrive at 6.30am...got there at 7.30 and no one was there..other than the men setting up stalls for us. Bah..kena conned again.

After an initial flurry of confusion on where are our stalls ect...

Purple luna

We're in business!

Due to the harzadous working condition that this designer had been subjected to (poorly lit studio aka living room),I noticed that crystals on my earrings are not always properly matched..one side green,one side blue.

So I set to work in the freezing cold...you try working without gloves at 1c and let me know how much fun that is..

Artisan at work..haha

As usual, I feel like a big fat wonton.I had my beanie on all day that when I eventually came home, I felt that I still had it on.

We stood around miserably as our neighbours started making brisk sales...whislt our stall was customer-less until noon...that meant 3 hours of standing around looking at other people making money..I nearly cried.

So, due to our business-less business, I started taking snapshots..which actually attracted customers to the stall because they were wondering what the heck was I doing..

Pearl necklaces
Sorry,not very clear. My pearl necklaces saved the day

Modern Droplets
Modern variation of the classic pearl strand..My first sale was this in ah lien pink.

Floating pearls
Floating pearl strands..very popular

Bacon Bliss
Bacon bliss...bwahahahha!My Business Developement Manager

£6 &£9
Earrings that did not do too well that day, I sold 6 pairs of my £8 earrings only..those of blood,sweat and tears

stall at noon
You can see the ahlien pink strand that was my first sale still there..

All in all, £100 gross profit of that day...could not find the organiser when we were clearing up, so did not pay the £30 rental! Hahaha..Yeah, I cheated,so what?

It was not really worth the biting cold...but it's a good first proper try.What did I expect from a geriatic village?I told my mom that it's filled with old people thus lunabliss is too hip for Morley,and she said that I should design to cater to the crowd..I explained that it was like selling earrings to my grandma and that shut her up.Hehe.

I miss my shareholders...*sniff*
lunabliss shopping

We have a catalouge of our work here. Well, the girls do, I have yet to upload my stuff. If you are in Asia and would like to purchase some lunabliss,please contact lunabliss@gmail.com

Otherwise,I am available at lunablissuk@gmail.com.

Either way, quote that you came through my blog and receive a 5% discount!!

7 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

You are getting better at it! 100 pounds profit is not bad as long as you treat it like a hobby cum sidejob. <-- that sentence just came out all wrong. :P

12/13/2005 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

kinky fella..hahahhaahha!!

If read wrongly, I could spend 1/2 hour and earn the same amount..:P

12/13/2005 04:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think u did a good job. selling to the oldie crowd is never easy, but at least the pearls are a hit!
don't give up, it will be a blast in time to come.

12/14/2005 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

wow mili! atleast you made some money and u didn't have to pay for rental :) my advice: be patient! coz i have and the 'chi' is coming in one by one :)

good job babes!!

12/14/2005 03:59:00 PM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

oh my god. i just noticed sheryl's ah lien slippers. think i know what to get her for christmas :P

12/14/2005 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

Hahahah I thought it was only me!! shhh...I didn't know she had a Bata also....summore remember she said that day want to bring me go some nice place to makan...lucky we eat kai farn..

Cause here kai farn is £12 anyway.

12/14/2005 05:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( it's not bata.. it's Nike that looks like bata.. kekek

11/29/2006 01:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home