exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Saturday, February 25, 2006

work vs semi-charmed life

Doesn't it feel absolutely shiet when it gets as far as an interview and then you don't get the job?I hate going on interviews...it is never a true representative of your abilities....alot of people interview well but are a lazyass worker.

My typical interview route

1.Wake up really panicky
2.Eat a huge breakfast so my stomach won't growl whilst in the interview
3.Putter around the house wondering what to wear.
4.Wear layers of clothes so that I won't be freezing whilst waiting at the bus stop
5.Panic all the way there...looking at notes I've made for the interview whilst forgetting everything in a matter of seconds
6.Interview
7.Feel exhilarated for 10 minutes after the interview
8.Whilst in the bus back to the city centre, starts to panic again and feel shiet
9.Go on a vicious rampage through the shops (esp. H&M)and spend all the money that I will not be making
10.Come back red-faced and feeling guilty...but Bacon still encourages me to go and spend all the money we direly cannot afford.


Sigh. I have another speculative interview on Wed..not all that excited about that but we'll see.At the moment not too happy...I really wanted the job that I went for on Fri,and never thought they would ring me in for an interview.I feel that I screwed up..and when I dont get the job, I will have no one to blame but myself.

On a happier note,damage on Friday:

Suit top from Next, I have a matching skirt
Suit blouse from H&M
Raspberry sweater from H&M
Scarf gloves set from Dorothy Perkins


Oh, and Bacon's got a job. Oh thank god. The thought of both of us out of a job has given me sleepless nights for the past week. However,we are yet to know what is his next job going to be...and where.I am keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be London *wink*.

I am still not adapting as well as I would like...which is strange as I settle in anywhere quite well.My hopes is that once I grow some roots here, i.e. get a job and some friends that everything would be ok.At the moment...I miss home, my friends and family....and missing two of my best friends wedding makes me feel even more miserable. Yes,to each other.

Congrats Mr & Mrs Goh!


I feel that I am missing out on Sher & Dreymee's life as well, on new earrings design and bitching over coffee....I miss them..:(.I miss my clubbing kakis, I miss my island holiday kakis,I even miss my collegues and my bosses.

I promised Bacon two years, and two years it would be

5 Comments:

Blogger Trixy Theresa said...

Hang on in there! The early days of a big change in your life are usually the worst.

I hate interviews as well, I always feel I've come across as a dribbling idiot who couldn't spell their own name. But despite all that I got through and got a good job. And so will you!

2/25/2006 09:20:00 PM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

heck. i remember going through job interviews too and how i hated it. i also hated the fact that they give you a tiniest bit of hope when they call you back for a second interview only to be rejected in the end because i'm not suitable. bleck.

but one thing about interviews is that, it may give you a lot of nerves but i think it's great practise too.

anyways, don't give up!

2/26/2006 04:34:00 AM  
Blogger mooiness said...

Ah at least Mr. B has got a job now. That should take some of the stress out of your life. Hopefully, that would carry on and make you less nervous for subsequent job interviews.

I agree with you that you probably need to lay down some roots before you'd feel completely comfortable. Think of it this way, this whole being married situation is new for Mr. B as well. :)

2/26/2006 04:50:00 AM  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

Hang in there! I don't profess to be able to offer anything useful, but I know what you are feeling. I am having a lot of self doubt my self. This too shall pass. However given a choice of London or KL I might just take KL and never look back. That having to eat thing though always gets in the way........

Rooting from the cheap seats....

2/28/2006 01:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sourrain. I know how it feels. Trust me. I went over 2 yrs ago (bf works in London) and just came bk to KL after that uneventful 1 yr stint in London bumming, going for interviews and 2nd interviews that I never seem to get fruitful results! I was depressed.
Within a month of coming home, i land myself a job already. It is not OUR fault, ie don't feel bad/useless/depressed. It is the "system" in England. So cheer up, k?!

3/12/2006 11:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home