exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Thursday, March 02, 2006

And the hunt goes on

Had two interviews yesterday,one with a dodgy marketing firm and another with a recruitment agency.

Dodgy marketing firm seems to be recruiting for direct sales personnel.You know,those selling credit cards on the streetcorner and screaming their heads off? Or those door to door salesmen selling dominoes vouchers?Yep,one and the same.Only problem is that they don't seem to give a basic salary,only commmission.That might mean standing at the sidestreet all day and not earning a penny.

We haven't got to pay yet, but they have invited me in for a day of work just to see what are they doing.Since I am so free, I've decided to be subjected to a day in the freezing cold. Aw heck...we'll just see.

Second interview went quite interestingly.Anything from high and mighty jobs to temping is explored.But since they have put the idea of temping in my mind,I am also now in search of other temping opportunities,with a higher pay of course. At the moment,they can offer me 6.29 an hour,which is quite low.

Having guests over tomorrow,but the guest bedroom is still in a state of white/yellow/green.It doesnt help that I bought cheap white paint,and am now subjected to multiple coats of paints to cover the sickening yellow background.I am down to my third coat.

Grr

3 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

What's that Hokkien saying? "No fish, then prawns will have to do." Just do it first lah, try out a few things and see which one sticks.

But yes the credit card selling thing is way difficult. All kinds of cold-call selling job is difficult.

More luck to you!

3/02/2006 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

hahaha!

Here fish and prawn also expensive.How leh???

Its more of the fact that I don't think they even have a basic that drives me mad.And the search goes on and on..

3/02/2006 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

ikan bilis lor

3/03/2006 07:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home