exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Friday, March 17, 2006

I am with job

At last. Phew

Starting Monday as an Assistant Fashion Merchandiser (sounds posh innit?), this is still a temporary position to my unemployed situation.I'd be working in a company that supplies men's fashion...it's a shame it's not fashion merchandiser in some female clothing chain.Oh well, at least it keeps me on my toes and busy.

Salary's quite shite,so I will see how long I stay. It's a temp-permanent,so it's basically up to me on how long I want to work. Being in the city centre will probably help my depression as well,with lunchtime shopping ect.Excellent.

Speaking of jobs, I have had to take tests and such on my Excel and Words skills.Word's fine, as all I had to do was type type and type. But the bloody excel test....jeeze! I used to teach Excel, comming from an IT background.I am also the reference person at work for all issues MS Office. But this test,being completely hopeless,marks my answers as 'wrong' when I most definately got it right.Then it has the nerve to have a pop out asking you WHY did you get it wrong.Which I promptly answered that I got it right, but the computer is just too stupid to recognize it, so fuck off.

I came away with an outrageous 80%,which pissed me off, as the questions that they marked me wrong is actually correct.The nerve of it...I told the woman interviewing me...and she had the nerve to tell me that its good enough,seeing that alot of accountants achieves less than that. Bugger..just because there are stupid people does not mean I have to stoop to their level.

Grr...I hate employment tests

5 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

w00t! Congratulations! Anything is better than nothing and being able to mingle in the city centre would definitely help your mood.

When you are working, it means less time to mope. ;)

3/18/2006 04:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats to a new start! a starting point is better than no start.. more updates k...

3/20/2006 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

Job sucks wei...

I sit there and twiddle my thumbs and sort paper out..

3/21/2006 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger mooiness said...

patience, and keep looking. keep thinking to yourself, "this helps pay the bills". ;)

3/21/2006 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

fuh!!!! you can ask me, i'm excel queen!! congratulations mil!!

3/22/2006 10:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home