exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A night for hens

Warning: Extremely drunk-looking pictures ahead

No, not a night of KFC. More of a night of crazy boozing with those closest to my hearts.

Hen nights are traditionally held to celebrate the bride's last night as a single women. Since I had been officially married for 6 months, this was a little strange...but I wanted it anyway. So maidzilla aka dreymer was tasked with the impossible task of comming up with a sneaky hen night plan that will remain in our minds forever.With not much time on our hands, it had to be the eve of the wedding, when all of us will be in Penang. In the UK, more and more brides to be are opting for the easy (and smarter) option of spending time with the girls in a spa or having a really luxurious time shopping or a girly holiday or whatnots. Seeing that half of my closest pals are guys, this option is not available. Besides, I needed a drink..:P

And an ingenious plan was born.

Being in Penang, I decided that the night is going to be spent eating and more eating...therefore stuffing myself silly from 7pm-9pm. Nonstop. Driving around in Eve's huge Pajero in search of food. So when the call came from dreymer to direct us to the hen night venue, we were so stuffed we really did not want to go...preferring to go back to the hotel for shut-eye.Dreymer's horrified protests shut me up immediately...and so we rushed back to the hotel to quickly change (not much time for makeup) and rush back to town. In my moment of ingenuity, I neglected to bring any shoes, so was subjected to walk around the clubs in a pretty dress and slippers. How hot.

After much ado and traffic jams, we arrived at SoHo at last...a pub/club combination that seem so popular with Penang.And my first suprise:


An absolutely beautiful veil painstakingly made by lunabliss portion of Sher. Adorned with shells and glitter and pearls, it was more gorgeous than my real veil! Shame it was too short..i would've worn it for the wedding day. Sher was given instructions to buy a piece of gauze for the hen night, and we ended up with this!

You think that's all dreymer has up her sleeves? Nope, I knew it wasn't it.

They proudly presented me with a box of contraceptive!

I was then threaten that I needed to raise RM60, otherwise I was going to have to pay for drinks. Since I came prepared to pay for drinks anyway....I offered to pay for it there and then.

Ha! Gotcha.

But being the nice person I am, I happily went about like an idiot selling contraceptives.

DSC00963

First customer at RM10 for one.

Mili's Wedding (12)

It's hard to sell to this chinaman who wants extra value for half the cost...I gave up...he thinks he's the only customer??cheh! hahaha

DSC00969

That was when he came to my rescue..dangling RM50 if I were to blow three of the contraceptives up. Seeing that he's paid more than that feeding my alcoholic dreams, this was a bargin.

DSC00971

And of course I obliged.

DSC00975
Balloon animals anyone?

A couple more sales..as it progressed, I started charging higher prices.

Mili's Wedding (23)

I think I should be a condom saleswoman...because by the end of it all...

DSC00992
I raised RM180!

I made dreymer so proud of me...she gave me a treat
Mili's Wedding (6)

We love me...rar rar rar!

DSC01001

Next up: The morning after the night before.

7 Comments:

Blogger Skippy-san said...

That strip of condoms looks like something I could use before a big night in (Wanchai, Bangkok, Angeles........) Got any left over that the seal is still unbroken on?

7/25/2006 09:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was so fricking fun!!!!! :)

7/25/2006 03:07:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

yes boss i think so too!Lets do it again!

skippy: ask my supervisor..:))

7/25/2006 06:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahaha...I can't imagine that u dare to post to pix here...kekekekeke....it's one of the most nastiest thing I have ever seen....Really enjoyed it!!

7/27/2006 01:22:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

WHY NOT....hahahaha

I super tak tau malu...but since you didn't buy from me then you shouldnt be reading also..no need to pay?

7/27/2006 01:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey woman....i was the man behind who initiated the ideal to Stanly for you to blow condoms in front of us. You should thank me for that or else you still got three spare condoms to sell!!! kekekekeke

7/28/2006 01:27:00 PM  
Blogger adonis cabaret shows said...

Nice blog and funny pics, It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Those picture frames are beautiful!. Go straight to know more about Hens Night >>

9/18/2010 06:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home