exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Thursday, December 07, 2006

failed adulthood

I went shopping yesterday with a purpose..to buy baby stuff and also new mommy stuff .Like, how hard can it be rite? Baby stuff only wor…so cute and easy to buy. Cheap summore..So along I went, shopping for baby stuff…in the course of my shopping I stopped at all 4 kiddy-like stores (you mean there is a certain look to a kiddy store!??)

Dixon kids
Disney shop
Pumpkin Patch
Sainsbury Kids dept.
Some toy shop

And I came away with…….

*drumroll*….


NOTHING.Big Huge Ziltch NADA.

I am such a failure. I felt so useless and helpless, walking around amongst all the kiddos pulling their mommy's skirt exclaiming for dis and dat..I feel like they are all staring at me and silently taunting me with the singsong repertoire that is of playground cruelty.I can only imagine what baby joel thinks of me now...

Baby Joel: Hi this is my aunty cum godmom cum failed.com. She is so hopeless she can't even go out and buy all those cute clothes for me..teeny weeny socks that fit her thumbs or the cute little reindeer costume that is too cute to resisst. Or even some toys to let me pass my boring nap times. How hard is it to pick a mobile?The one occasion she managed to buy something she got it for 6-12 months baby.H-E-L-L-O…just because she always call my daddy fatty doesn't mean I am that fat ok..I must be a baby hippopotamus…I is only less than one week old..stupid woman buy me clothes fit for a 6-12 month old baby? Some more thinking want to buy me a Tiffany & Co. rattle. Better save the money up and let me have free flow ice cream.

But at least she has great taste….GAP baby wor..now, if only there is something we can do about her lack of common sense..



I think my lack of ability to pick out baby stuff might have to do with the fact that it is dead of winter here,and most cutey patootie baby stuff are made for winter…therefore suffocating baby Joel if I were to get it for him.Maybe I should get some pointers from here. Or blogger mommy that I have been stalking to get ideas...I need to stop doing that..feel even more hopeless as I see how capable she is. I think minibean might be born on the same day as Joel as well!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm disappointed with you. i would think all those training u had with me in fresno shopping for ian would do you good! :)
have a great holiday babes..

12/08/2006 07:46:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

thats the thing..I forgot to touch on that.if Ian, at 3yrs old, can only fit into some of the clothes that you purchased when he was not even conceived yet, we did't really do well!

But I did score a H&M Baby sailor suit yesterday.Complete with hat.

yeah see ya in two weekends' time! Woohoo!We go kau-jais.With moo.Shit that sounds wrong

12/08/2006 08:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home