exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

a short story of a week..

I had been dilligently ignoring this blog…It is quite unappetizing to blog without pictures; and I have so many! Wahliao damn toolan.Anyway, couple of updates:

Christmas

Is officially over for me.Exchanged pressies with outlaw group 1 - received a whole bunch of crap gifts - eh, just because I make jewelry..there is no need to buy me useless fugly jewelry ok! I give you a string of pearls you give me a plastic beaded necklace!? Sibeh insulting ok..and also some jewelry box from India. I know I know, the joy is in giving,not receiving, but it makes my blood boil when I am given something that I can't do anything with, effectively polluting space in the house collecting dust;because I don’t like it, and I don't want to do the same thing to some other poor sod that I am wrapping up presents too…esp jewelry..it would've been quite insulting to lunabliss et corp. with receipient thinking it's my own creation.

Although I must say I can't wait to see what the other half of the outlaws will be buying for me this year.

Babies
have officially arrived in my world. In a space of 2 weeks, 3 of bacon's pals announced that their wives were pregnant. Jasmine announced she's pregnant again after cute Sarain May. Then for the news I've been anticipating for months….maggy's popped! We welcome Joel Goh E Vern to the big bad world…pix will be up as soon as I can get my grubby hands on it. What do you do when one of your oldest friend give birth? Panic! I don’t know what to buy! I am a failed adult (oh gawd am I an adult already?!) therefore I don't buy into the yomeishu crap or even ginger. I don't know what to get the mommy! Worse, I don't know what to get my self-professed god son (I self announced that fact).I might go the chinky side and buy him some gold..or the posh side and buy him some baby toys from tiffanys..I think they have a sterling silver rattle. The mother might killed me if I did that.."Do you know how many hotel buffets can we have for that one rattle!! Har?Har??! And god, the bottles of Chivas.." But I want something that the baby can remember me with…since he's the first in what I will forsee to be a line of many a football team

Correction..I did buy a set of three bodysuits for the baby,following harajuku cat's example when we were at gap over the weekend.To show what an incompetant adult I am, I bought clothes meant for a 6months-12months for a week old baby. fail.com.

Shopping
Is going overboard. After endless shopping and wrapping over the past 3 weeks, christmas shopping is officially complete,but I am now buying stuff for me! How ridicullious…I now have presents for myself.I've even been buying full price books...a shite history of nearly everything, Zadie Smith's On beauty and Black Dahlia.Even bought some Malaysian cookbook,god save my soul...

House
Is nearly ready.We have a new bed in and super duper comfy sofa..but still awaiting delivery for our mattress.Wardrobes have not been built yet by Bacon,it'll be his project between xmas and new year. I did get a shock of my life yesterday when I arrived home…a HUGEASS TALL lampost is now right in front of the house! OMG! I will have orange light streaming in the house. And that is after Bacon just put up sensor lights all around the house because its so dark when I get home. Blardey hell…grr.

Trip
Is not planned yet. We have no idea what are we going to do other than mucking about in Melbourne and Sydney.I have been planning stuff for KL but not Australia.I am departing sat morning at 6am, mucking about in Amsterdam airport for 4 hours(world's most boring airport) , arriving KL later that night, then arriving Melbourne Sunday night.Two WHOLE DAYS of travelling.Unbelievable.I hate long journeys:(. Hopefully we'll stop by KLIA long enough for me to pop out for some nasi lemak. First thing to be done in Melbourne? Have a bowl of steaming pho dac biet!

Oh, and moo and me will be in the same country at long last….no fate.com is now got fate.com. We are spending xmas eve's eve's in KL! How exciting! Well, for me maybe.Moo might be dreading it..but he knows that if he don't tell me he will be in KL the same time as me, I'll probably kill him and send dead rat to his house.Maybe a snake or two too.

Blog
Will be left unloved for a whole two weeks at least.I had been so busy, I've not even advertised for guest bloggers like the last time I was away…Might be able to steal a bandwith or two at the bro's pc,but doubt it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Skippy-san said...

I'm still available for a return performance. ;-).

12/06/2006 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arnt vouchers the best! buy what u like. guest blogger hmhhh.... what are t requirements?

12/07/2006 01:31:00 AM  
Blogger mooiness said...

yes I would have been murderised if I didn't tell you. :D

12/07/2006 02:51:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

skippy: okie dokie!Will add you on as usual then:)

anon: first requirement is that you are 'not' annonymous :).I love vouchers too..best pressie in the world.Although,I must say that it takes away the joy of suprise when you open it up..

moo: murderised?I think i sit on you..like chinese water torture,slowly but surely you fade away..

12/07/2006 08:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home