exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cabbage patch, moi?

Being a city girl through and through, I am more used to polluted concrete jungles rather than green lushness. Of course, I fancy myself quite an island girl as well...being born on an island itself, I love the sun sea and sand.But I've never really liked hills,muddy swamps and all that...and the only thing I plant are grass that grows on top of a potato-like wrapped up soil...comes in all shapes and sizes (animal shapes to human looking) and was really popular in the late 90s.Oh, and beansprouts when i was 8. Not sure if lucky bamboo counts..those curly things that comes out during chinese new year and you just add water to them occasionally.

So it's strange that I have been having conversations with YC on the state of my new gardening venture.Well, me typing, she laughing her head off at the country bumpkin that I fancy myself to be.

Yes, dear readers..yours truly is turning into a cabbage patch doll. On Monday I ventured into a place previously only known to my mother ; the garden centre.Fuyioh, it looks like IKEA complete with a proper cafe and a pet centre...they sell rabbits and birds in there as well, don't play play. With my huge IKEA-looking trolley, I picked up two pots of gerberas. One is orange with two flowers already blooming and another one is just a little strange looking...pink, with two buds but four flowers. Why you ask? One is a proper pretty flower,whilst the other one is a three headed monster of a bloom as big as my head. Well, retards will always prefer retards

Then off to the seeds! Two packs of sunflower seeds (not the edible kuachi ok!) , a pack of mixed chinese vegs (siew pak choy ect) ,arugala seeds, carrots,tomatoes....by this time I was nearly dizzy with confusion.Not satisfied with my picks, I went off to the live plants section and picked up a tray of living choy tum sprouts which I hope will grow big enough for me to devour.

Too much greenery...I picked up two strawberry plant on my way out. With my existing two cherry trees (which, by the way, is blooming bloody sakura blooms), blackcurrant and redcurrant bush, my strawberries will join the jam patch babies! Now readers,listen up. Sourrain's preserves will be on the market in 3 months time! Limited edition packages with labels exclusively designed by YC.I kid you not. Well...unless all my strawberries end up being eaten up by slugs, which brings me to my next point...

...my plants are fertlized by Starbucks coffee grinds. You can take the girl out of the city,but not the city out of the girl. Sigh. Before you think me mad for feeding plants with expensive coffee, these are used coffee beans that if you asked nicely from your starbucks waitress, will give it to you for free.So there.

Seeing that it doesn't get dark till 9pm, I've been 'working the land' the past couple of days. Before you think any different, Bacon just stood and supervised me, as I wanted it to be my own garden....yes, I even did all the digging and weeding! So now this city girl is the proud owner of a few rows of veggies,fruits and flowers. My mommy would be proud of me.

Wait till I get my matching gardening gloves,watering can,spade,trowel and wellies.I can go for Miss Cabbage Patch competition.

4 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Wahah excellent! Pretty soon you don't have to but vegies anymore. And that coffee grind thing - interesting. First I've heard of it. :)

5/04/2006 05:08:00 PM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

wow.. damn aunty!! :)

5/05/2006 06:47:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

yesterday I purchased two more strawberry plant...and two variety of chilly plants.

So aunty eh..I have no shorts here so I garden in my miniskirt. Damn jakun

5/05/2006 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger YC said...

I am so excited abt the preserves!!!!!!*squirms*

Weeeeeee!!!!

Remember to play some classical music to your plants.

5/05/2006 05:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home