exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My name is Forrest. Forrest Gump

Don't you hate it when people keep getting your name wrong?

Especially since my name is quite simple and not something powderfull like shueh yvung or something along that lines.My parents' logic is to name me such a simple name so everyone would know how to spell and pronounce my name

No one seem to be able to spell my name. I mean, how hard is MILI? Why am I getting Millie, Milly, Milli and Millicent? It's like a perpetual circle of craziness. I get called all sorts; Mai, My lay,Mee, Minnie,Mini..

And then now my married name. I keep getting Baker, like as if I bake cakes or make bread. Even my father is spelling it Baker.

6 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

So you are Mili Baker. As in not quite Centi-Baker, nor full Baker. Ho ho ho.

Ok lame. Heh. I know I called you "Milicent" before, thinking Mili was your nick name instead of full name.

But calling you My Lay is just WRONG. :P

5/30/2006 09:53:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

naughty..:P

damn frustrating all this wrong names.But the Baker is the last straw..even my father getting my name wrong..wahlau.

I still don't understand the Millicent thing.Like..that name is so old fashioned..I very lau yeah meh?

5/30/2006 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger mooiness said...

Milicent is cute what, not old fashioned at all. You not very the lau yeah lah, you very the hip. Heh.

5/30/2006 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

soon this hip aunty will also be known as Lay Bakar.

5/30/2006 03:13:00 PM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

HAHAHAHAHA
maybe they feel it's too simple to just pronounce MEE LEEEEEEE..

6/01/2006 02:15:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

They don't believe my name so short. GOT SUCH THING!

And because of this..some people also think I'm indian. No joke, I watched a bollywood show named MILI before.It was a girl named MILI who fell sick and die..:/

6/01/2006 08:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home