exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Friday, May 26, 2006

Today's the day...

........that I pick up my car!!!

Woot..I have a car. Rather, I am paying for a car. Car's not under my name due to insurance purposes..but loan is also not under my name, so I can still do a 'runner'.So technically nothing is mine, I'm just contributing £150 to it....now I sound like lame-o.:/

Anyhoo..we have decided that Bacon will be in charge of all monetary issues like directing payment from our account to the loan. So being the first time loan-payer (does such a word exists?) that I am, I automatically moved money into our shared account so he can direct it as our repayment. Imagine my confusion when he kept thanking me for sending money to him. And then we started going out for meals every night this week...I was brought up on a weekday=home weekend=restaurants, so usually on a weekday we try to eat at home, saving all the MSG laden food for weekends, not to mention minimizing the costs of eating out.

Apparently I was conned - sorta. I thought we have to start repayments or whatever this month...but it's not till next month. So now he has an extra £350 or so to spend (£150 for the repayment, £200 for the deposit)....that's why he's being so generous by us going out for meals.Cheh.

I'm just going to spend spend spend on his credit card then. That'll teach him. Hmph..

I've not owned anything so 'big' before in my life...I am still in semi-shock.

/------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since my precious rings are still lost, I've been whinging to my daddy who took pity on his little girl and decided to help her out. Bacon was speaking to a collegue about how irritating I had become ever since I lost the rings, and the collegue came up with a brilliant idea - he has a metal detector that he can borrow us!! All we need to do is set the frequency as per bacon's ring to platinum, and it'll do the work for us! Yay! And if it can't detect anything, well, that means it's gone forever..:(

2 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

The metal detector is a REALLY good idea. Should have thought of that. :)

5/26/2006 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

I know!!! Clever isn't it??I'm impressed...even more so if I manage to find the rings

5/26/2006 11:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home