exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

no pics...

It's just typical isn't it? I get so hyped up about it that I left BOTH cameras at home. Sibeh toolan.Decided to take only my digicam with me, so left it to charge together with the Pod.Took the Pod with me, left the camera.Grrrrr..

Got up at 6 yesterday and got home only at 11..I feel like I've been run over by a truck. Arrived in London at 9, we promptly took a long walk to where we wanted to go..about 2 tube stops away.I slept through most of the intro session..I was so so tired and they were so so boring!Abit useless to send me huh...

By the time we finished at 2.30pm, I was a complete wreck.Pammy don't even start class till 3pm, so I took the tube to Oxford circus, where Topshop is all three floors of parkson put together. Nice. It was intermittent rain/sunshine/wind...welcome to England.I had three layers out which I keep changing into and out of.Bought a GAP bag off discount at £7.99..bloody bargin.Popped into Esprit, Zara,Dorothy perkins, and ended up in a quiet cafe in Waterstones because I just couldnt keep going any longer..I was so sulky I just wanted to head on home..:((.Then Pammy popped in at around 4.20, and by that time I was like on crack with the coffee.

That woman pulled me around London buying everything.With her '10 percent student discount arrrr!' she proceeded her whirlwind shopping like as if she's the one who live in Leeds and not me..hahaha! Went for a yumchar/bitching session and then continue shopping till 7..and my train was at 8.30, so I was in a state of panic.Forever confident, Pammy was of the opinion that I still have shitloads of time, so we went to a Malaysian restaurant around Leicester Sq and I had the prawn mee...the nasi lemak didn't look very nice.But I kinda regret not 'tapau-ing' the nasi lemak..i know I crave for prawn mee too...and let me tell you, it is very refreshing to burp prawn mee (or in penang, hokkien mee) and not roast beef!! Hahaha yes, I'm disgusting,so what?

At 8pm, we ran for the tube, just to end up in the wrong one and going back to catch the correct one. At 8.20, we arrived at King's Cross, whereby she was off to a different tube to get her home and thus began my mad rush out of the station.I was under the assumption that the tube and the trains are connected...and imagine my suprise when after 5 mins of brisk walking aka jogging, I got out of the station right on the streets of London. EH? Where is the goddamed train station!?!?

5 more minutes to go, I saw a woman running...so I happily followed her running, hoping that she's trying to catch a train.Which she is.I ran into the train as the doors were closing..bloody lucky considering that if I came in the wrong side of the station it would've taken me another 10 mins, but as luck would have it, I ran through the doors straight onto the train platform.

And so goes my second trip down to london..:).We'll be going for a weekend later in the summer...and no more rushes that time!!

5 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Wah lau after all that you forgot your camera!?

Prawn Mee good or not? And yes you should have tapau the Nasi Lemak. :P

Btw that last bit with you running for the trains plays like a movie. Sliding Doors sia. Hahah.

I can just imagine you and your flailing bags of shopping. And out of sheer luck, you followed the right woman. Wow. Amazing.

5/24/2006 02:06:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

So potong stim huh the camera bit..i couldn't believe me man..the one with a camera everywhere she goes.

and aherm..prawn mee is da best. Yes,shame on the nasi lemak...i feel damn guilty about it. Like how could i after it keeps appearing in my dreams whispering 'eat me eat me'???

Yeahlar, run run run like marathon..i was sweating like a pig when going down the train looking for a seat...everyone stared at me cos it was like damn cold but here I was looking like I've just stepped out of the furnace!

5/24/2006 02:42:00 PM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

what la you. how to promote me to go to London like that....

5/25/2006 09:15:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

i promote u to come to Leeds,not london! (padahal i wished i lived in London, if not for the crazy house prices.)

Cos if u're in london,you can't grow veggies you see...:D

5/25/2006 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger daydreymer said...

sked i go to leeds i might grow mushrooms

5/26/2006 06:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home