exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Thursday, July 27, 2006

star crossed bloggers

In commemorating my 200th post on Blogger, wedding posts are on hold whilst I look back at my short blogging career. Its funny how so many things happen within a year.But amongst all, I had decided that this entry shall be about nofate.com; my partner in crime - moo.

I remember how we stumbled across each other in cyberspace...through some obscure blogger who was just starting out as well and had linked to us both.We used to comment on his blog..until he dissapeared and then we started commenting on each other's blog.And I don't know what happened, but we started pimping each other on our blogs.

We have very strange msn/gtalk conversations about travels, friends, relationships, family, other bloggers,raves...and even one crazy virtual drinking session. I did not start out blogging to make virtual friends, but moohad been a constant support in so many ways...including helping to download songs for my wedding and (incidentally) paying for the wedding bubbles that made my husband cry. We also wanted to form a political party (don't remember why) ,share a domain name(I was too slow in making my mind up) and be in-laws. Well, I wanted to be in-laws, Moo was quite reluctant to be related to me.

But alas, we are not fated to meet and laugh together like hyenas. Moo arrived in KL a few weeks after I moved to Leeds. Then this year, in the true fashion of star-crossed lovers, I will be in Australia just as he is wrapping up work preparing to conquer SG/KL/PG again..and I will leave KL the day before he arrives. Nofate.com is so ironic. We shall remain beautiful strangers, you and I. Until we meet in Ibiza, dancing on white sandy beaches getting drunk on submarines and vodka redbull.


small talk: Shit, just realized that this is post 191 not post 200.Potong stim.Oh well.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

errm... congratulations on your "9 more post to 200"?

7/27/2006 03:59:00 PM  
Blogger mooiness said...

*sob* sibeh touched.

I reckon my body can hold up for at least another 10 years. Plenty of time to meet up in Ibiza yet! Yeah baby! But I have a feeling that we will meet up proper before then too lah. I mean shite, how many times can we miss each other in KL and Oz?!

And nvm about counting wrong, this post counts for 10! Woohoo! No shame I am. :P

7/27/2006 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

I think 10 years should be sufficient time.At least we have a target right??For early info, my next (hopefully) planned trip to KL is over easter...PEN IN YOUR DIARY!

But I still think we should be related by in-laws.Wouldn't that be like so cool?I wonder whether can I hook Snoop up with Tetley.No,wait, they're both males.:/

And I already know you no shame.:)

7/28/2006 09:15:00 AM  
Blogger mooiness said...

Hmm, you going to KL end of year and you are going in Easter again? So soon ah. Hmm. See what nofate.com deals us then. Heheh.

As for "in-laws", maybe if nofate.com becomes fate.com we may become friend in-laws. Err yeah. Hahahahah!

7/28/2006 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

I said easter because I refuse to go back on CNY...wah,canpokai.com distributing the wealth you cannot afford to all your friends.But easter is good because I get two days off anyway, and it is easier flying to KL than dealing with which in-laws to crack easter eggs with.

And I'm only going to be in KL for 3 or 4 days only this december ...which is barely enough to do anything unless I throw a xmas eve party.That reminds me, I need to look into actually buying the tickets

You sooooo wish friends-in-law.You would be so lucky indeed..:P.

7/28/2006 11:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home