exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

a brief peek into the heart of yorkshire

DSCN1869

York is the epitome of the fairytale english village. It's the picturesque Enid Blyton storybook tale minus the golliwog (you're not allowed to call them golliwog anymore, by the way. PC gone nuts.You are not supposed to sing Baa Baa Black Sheep, it is now Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep ). My last trip here was a visit to the famed Betty's tearoom and basic bumming around on a holiday mood. Having moved really close to York, I had not made the effort to revisit this town - usually I get misled by the Factory outlet stores on the outskirts of town where Armani and Hugo Boss goes for 50% off.

We were here for the York international Food and Drink Festival, and there were some strange and wonderful food here as well…we had a wild boar burger (half eaten) and some dutch pancakes - which looks like the Kaya Balls in malaysia and taste quite like it as well . Unfortunately, I seemed to have lost all my pictures related to the food festival; so here are some other peeks of York

DSCN1868DSCN1866
York Minister. Bacon at the entrance to the town centre - it's like what you see in fairytales of Sleeping Beauty and such, there is a stone wall going all around the city to prevent unsavory attacks from enemies

DSCN1872DSCN1873

Time waits for no one. Especially not a wild boar burger

DSCN1870DSCN1877
Bounty of the land - fake vegs for autumn at the windows of Betty's

5 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Wah. Those are fabulous pics - especially the two sepia ones. So Gothic too.

9/26/2006 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

Only when I try taking nice pictures that I realize my camera's quite shiet.sigh.I wish for a proper SLR

And I have no idea what happened to the other pictures of the food fair - either swallowed by flickr or I never uploaded them in the first place.Or I did and didn't tag them, dissapearing in the depths of my flickr(PRO!) account

9/26/2006 03:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kynne said...

OOhh I love the first picture. So cantik! I remember going to York in 1998, aiyo, so eons ago. I had my first huge baked potato with cheddar cheese. Macam nak pengsan finishing it all up. Does York Dungeon still exist? I remember when a hooded bloke with a long sickle scared the living pants outta me. Screamed me lungs off and nearly peed in my pants. Haha.

Oh wait a minute. I did peed in my pants. Lol.

I so wanna go to UK again. :(

9/26/2006 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

Yes York dungeon is still there. When I passed it this time around, that guy with the hood and sickle looked so bored that I thought he was going to stick that sickle through his own neck:)

9/27/2006 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wild boar burger?! is it good?? i only had it in curry... looks yummy but i'm not sure.

9/30/2006 11:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home