exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I give and I give and what do I get in return?

I don’t know how men do it. Anniversaries, birthdays, valentines' day…how do you figure out what to get your better half a gift worth their weight in gold, figuratively speaking?

I hate receiving things that I have no need for (an ugly vase, a silver plated necklace - they have all ended up in the trash or as pass-me-on gifts). Not to say that I don't appreciate the thought,but I hate it when I receive gifts that I have no use for, thus polluting the tiny space that is my home.I've also consistenly received cookbooks - don't know why. This is why I always give huge hints to Bacon as to presents.I must say, he has consistenly done very well…and even though I had come up with major hints, he still manage to surprise me in a good way…usually by pretending that he has not bought me jackshit and suprising me with things that I've mentioned many moons ago.

Le Bacons are fast approaching the two-year anniversary of when things first got serious. As this is our first as Mr & Mrs, I was hoping to get something to commemorate the occasion. No, I don't want a Selangor Pewter engraved platter nor matching articles of clothings. No cuddly soft toys either.

Even though I will benefit from it, I don't think it's very romantic to get him HMV vouchers or a sofa or a dryer. I know he's been dreaming of a posh lawnmower,but frankly, I prefer him to slave over out lawn than get it over and done with in 5 mins. Heh.

Strangely enough, he don't really like me giving him presents. Which makes it hard as he gives no hints. The only thing that he ever requested for were tickets to see Kylie Minouge - which I wanted to but somehow Kylie was at the back of my mind and I never got around to buying it. Poor Bacon threw a stromp when he found out that I knew she was having a concert and hid that away from him, on the 'pretense' that I wanted to surprise him with tickets. And promptly forgot to buy it. Luckily his cousin came to my rescue and offered him two extra tickets.

So it is now up to me to prove myself to not be a failure in the art of giving.What can I buy the boy who has the best wife in the world (aherm) and a pair of Kylie tickets?

pressies!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kynne said...

A pair of funky coloured boots like yours? Hehehe... Or maybe a Tefal thermal-hot-spot frying pan (macam Jamie Oliver's) so he can fry bacons for breakfast? Hehehehe. So jahat me!

9/26/2006 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

Kynne
The thing is right, we already have a Tefal thermal hot spot pan that he uses to fry bacon for me on weekends...ahaha

What do you buy a boy that has eveything.sigh.

9/26/2006 03:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

two years already?!?! how about a holiday? or a night at a fancy schmancy hotel?

9/26/2006 03:57:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

dreybee:time passes really quickly huh.You still remember the time I was fishing?

anyhoo.i wanted something that we can remember/look back on...seeing that it's a tuesday,I dont think we'll be going anywhere.

But bacon did mention he wants to go to Goa:)

9/26/2006 04:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, u got nothing lor...Anyway, thanks for your card!!

9/27/2006 02:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home