exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

puff, puff and away!

Smokes-away!

" Smokers around the world are celebrating the emergence of a new airline, Smintair, or Smoker's International Airlines. The brain child of German businessman Alexander Schoppmann, the smoker's airline will be based in Düsseldorf, Germany, and fly several international routes, starting in March 2007."

And now you can smoke up whilst you fly up! Whilst this is all fine and dandy, it would be like being stuck in a car,with all windows wound up, and everyone lighting up. As much as smokers love their smokes, I don’t think anyone actually like to inhale second hand smoke- even smokers. Unless I am lighting up, I abhor being around puffing smokes.

BUT apparently, they will have a special mechanism of pumping all that noxious smoke into the atmosphere, to be recycled with 'fresh air', "Non-smokers will find the cabin air more refreshing than on any other flight with any other airline, as SMINTAIR adds fresh outside air to the conditioning system" . Oh, how wonderful will that be, better than aircond!

In the same page where you can download the article,"Smoking does not cause lung cancer". Fancy working for them? "Allergics against tobacco smoke or militant Anti-Smokers are kindly asked to not apply."

Cannotstandlaughoutloud.com

7 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Heh. I've read about this mob. That bit about the fresh air is bogus - all airplanes take in outside air! So what they are doing is nothing special. And your analogy is apt - it is like being inside a car and everyone's smoking.

10/18/2006 04:46:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

it's amusing nonetheless - esp the part where they got some doctor to write that smoking does not cause lung cancer.

in 15 yrs time, the crew will start suing the company because in 15years time they will all be lying on their deathbeds wheezing away! Oh, and militant anti-smokers need not apply.

10/19/2006 08:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually it's not that bad, when I started flying alone 6-7 years ago some airlines still had a smoking section, Emirates used to allocate the rear 5 rows for smokers, you didn't have to be seated there all the time, but if you wanted to smoke you could go back there whenever you liked.

It's an anti-smoking world now though, and I've quit so I can fit in :P

10/20/2006 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

You guys seen the movie "Thank you for Smoking"? They have a great scene where Nick Naylor, tells a school girl, " Is your mommy a doctor? Well she does not sound like a credible medical expert does she?"

Besides if they hire strippers for Stewardesses, they will get plenty of smokers in that crowd.

Watch the movie!

Actually I had a friend who made it a point to hit on women who smoked. He figured it improved the odds.....go figure.

10/20/2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

tiger: I've always thought it was an urban legend that airplanes allowed smoking!I recalled JAL having something of a smoking section on my first maiden long-haul flight to Disneyland - but that was 10 years ago and my memory aint' that good nowadays!

Skippy: I don't think many men would like to hit on women that smokes..in our double standards world, it's ok for men to reek of stale cig smell but not women.

10/23/2006 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

His theory was somewhat demented. He figured that all women who smoked also did something else. I'll leave it at that. As for the cig smell, well he considered it an acceptable trade off.

I have to admit to borrowing one of his techniques though......bumming a cigarette off of a girl in a bar so that I could strike up a conversation with her!

But I never inhaled!

10/24/2006 02:36:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

to help you along your merry way of bumming a cig off a girl at the bar, a bloke once stole my pack of cigs that I left on the bar whilst I turned my back and boogied.

There was no way that I was going to let him steal my cig, so I tapped him on the shoulder and told him that was my pack of cigs he was holding.He apologised and introduced himself.

So it basically looks like I picked him up cause I started the conversation.

classicaly lame.

10/25/2006 11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home