exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A day in the pigsty

Temple Newsam is an ancient family manor house - those with the ubiquitious drawing room, sitting room, dressing room and the likes, complete with coats of armours, ancient china and the lot. Le Bacons made a trip there last weekend - but due to my coffee-less condition, I did not take any pictures at all whilst exploring the house! Shame on me! I was sleepwalking more than anything else..

BUT, like with any manor house worth it's weight in salt, Temple Newsam has a working farm attached to it! Yes, complete with animals and such! With paid entrance (£5.50 to both house and farm), you also get free feed to feed the animals with. We both have Leeds Card, which is a discount card for various tourist attractions, free food and discounted gym entrance in and around Leeds. We've used the tourist attraction and free food benefits, but I have yet to step into a gym:(. But we do get free entrance to Temple Newsam, which brought us here on a sunny Sunday noontime...

DSC00070
Baaa..my name's Bacon...baaa

DSC00069
Some animal feed for three bags full of wool?

DSC00067
I love stripey pigs...they somewhat look like 'badak' (not sure what that is in English)

DSC00073
Don’t cha oink at me..

DSC00063
We are family...

DSC00062
I've got all my sisters with me...

DSC00065
And one badass momma...

DSC00076
I'm a badass too!Me, me,me!

DSC00075
Little piglets incubating.They're about a week old

DSC00068
Goat meets pig.Goat eats feed.Pig eats goat meat.

DSC00064
We're quackers!

DSC00077
Autumn's fast descending

This was, I reckon, the last bit of warm sunshine we will be getting for the year - it will be 6 months gone before we're out for a nice walk.Ah well.

(all pictures taken on a sony ericsson - my camera's still MIA!!! )

3 Comments:

Blogger Kynne said...

Hallo Mili!

Badak = rhinoceros

Badak berendam = hippopotamus

Hee~

11/02/2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

yah i think I meant rhino! thanks!

Or was I thinking of Tapir?

11/02/2006 03:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stripey pig look like tapir. Badak Air is Hippopo lah...=)

11/08/2006 07:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home