exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Friday, June 30, 2006

Happy birthday, to meeeee

Another year, another cake. Another life, another notch.

And yet again I celebrate my birthday by going to work.This year without the obligatory drinking session the night before..to be replaced by yet another crazed attempt to make me into a fatso. One thing I'm glad though, the past two years I have celebrated my birthday with a very dear friend, and I will be doing it again this year..just right smack between both our birthdays as usual.


Me & Stanly turning 24 at Ascott KL

It's hard,this growing up thing. All I want to do is remain a child forever, as I still remember my 5th birthday cake of humpty dumpty. I go through friendster, and some people whom I went to kindergarten with are still living a happy student life of bumming and living with their parents complete with home cooked food..whilst I have a home loan, a car loan, a cat to feed and other bills to pay.Not to mention a husband to regularly poke just to ensure he's still alive.

Reflections of the past year

Gone through a tremendous amount of pain
Crashed my car
Bought a new car in the UK
Nearly ceased my incessant need to travel - lack of time & money
Got hitched
From happening drunken chick to lame-o gardening freak
Started making jewelry
Left my job,which by now I could've climbed up yet another ring of the corporate ladder
Became jobless = depressed
Found a new job in a brand new field starting as a underling
Found what treasures friends are
Quit my pack-a-day obsession with Kent & Malboros (yes folks, this is new!)
Blog regularly - I am now allowed to put BLOGGING as a hobby


And every year around this time, I run away. Rather, I get on a plane and fly. Some things never change - I am celebrating my birthday on the plane with a solidary champers.Or two.

I hate adulthood and all that responsibilities that come with it. The only thing I probably enjoy is the freedom to shop and the right to turn into an alcoholic.So have a drink with me tonight...and here's to being a child at heart always.

5 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

A child at heart. Hear hear! How appropriate you should say that when I wrote about "acting like a kid". :)

Happy Birthday! U are gonna have an awesome time in KL!

6/29/2006 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

Happy Birthday! I am the same way, I keep putting off growing up and saying that someday I will get around to it.........

So long as you have friends....well there is hope.

Have fun in KL and have a Tiger beer for me!

6/29/2006 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

Tell 'em its your birthday and that is why you should get business class.......

6/30/2006 03:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday woman.. see ya soon k

6/30/2006 05:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated bday

7/03/2006 07:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home