exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Monday, October 02, 2006

Bring me to the truth,o yummy burger..

DSCN1907

It's not often that Le Bacons eat out on a Monday - it being the night where Bacon prefers to run like a pig chasing its own curly tail round and round a football (court?) for 5-a-side. So Mondays you are more likely to see me at home catching up on ironing men' clothes and preparing a late dinner.

(un)Fortunately, Bacon was kicked badly in the shins last monday...it's a dark angry purple now.This means no football, and a nice meal out!

The Oracle is a nice little bar by the river aire in Leeds City centre. I was last there for the steak nite (the day I lost my rings!) , and I've always wanted to try out the half price burgers on Mondays - but football always wins.

So off we went,trudging towards the Oracle with one angry purple shin.After deliberations, we decided that we are going to go halves on the Tandoori Lamb Burger and the Ultimate Oracle Burger.

DSCN1908
The burger is the amazing height of 5 inches! Absolutely delish,served with a slice of Gouda inside and BACON! The meat patties reminds me of my fav burger joint of all time, In-n-out, which is only available in the west coast of california

DSCN1909
The lamb burger turned out to be lamb kebabs served with pitta bread, minty yoghurt and tomato relish. The lambs were a little overcooked and tough,but I loved the minty yoghurt dip.

Total damage? $7.75 for two burgers, including a portion of shoestring fries (the burgers come with a gorgeous nutty salad and not fries).Bargin - seeing that a big mac costs about the same with twice the fat and half the flavour.Pints are pulled at $2.50 each of carling,cafferys,tetley's...the usual suspect.Wednesdays are steak nite, with a choice of beef,gammon or salmon at $7.95 per head,including fries and side salad - a must-try for a nice,yet cheap alternative to weekday dining.

Oracle is situated at Brewery Wharf, over the bridge from 42 The Calls and a 5 minute walk from the Malmaison and The Corn Exchange.
3 Brewery Place,
Leeds, LS10 1NE

4 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

That's cheap but how do you eat that thing?! Take it apart?

10/03/2006 01:41:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

I know.I hate it when restaurants don't pay attention to the size of their customer's mouth.Most 'gourmet' burgers are served this way though..

yeah,I took it apart - quite messy and not the nice little tower I received!

10/03/2006 08:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are real sick, you know that? i think i wanna eat char kueh teow tomorrow and post it up my blog :) :)

10/09/2006 03:57:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

i am not tempted by char koay teow...u wanna torture me,post pix of nasi lemak

slurp

10/09/2006 06:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home