exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Waving goodbye to my very first garden..

This will possibly be the last shot of Le Jardin chez Bacon for the year. Seeing that I am one of the most untalented (and possibly laziest) gardener in the world, I had done superbly well for a first try. Even my mother, the acclaimed gardener (my friends describe my mom's garden as 'hotel manicured') do not believe that I had actually grown anything - she thinks I've just bought it off the supermarket and took really nice pictures of it. So she is insisting that I take pictures of it coming off the ground to prove myself.

The best has got to be the comment my mom's friend made when I told her that I'm growing strawberries, " HAH?You grow vegetable ar? But you used to be so happening wan wor….aiya,what happened to you girl?"

Lolz.I feel so honoured.

Since we are moving homes in 3 weeks time, anything that are not in pots will be left behind…which is most of my plants and that includes my cherry tree and multiple root plants. So join me as we wave goodbye to the product of my 4 months of laziness….presenting my blooming garden in September:


DSCN1837DSCN1836DSCN1835DSCN1834
My dark orange sunburst sunflowers - this is dedicated to my fav mom-to-be, maggie (her fav flowers!)

DSCN1843DSCN1842
Fresno chilli peppers and Apache chilli peppers - more fiery than cilipadis

DSCN1852DSCN1845
Fresh from the ground; my albino carrots, onions and beetroot.

DSCN1851DSCN1849DSCN1860DSCN1858DSCN1844DSCN1847
(cat grown with love,not miracle-gro)




Watch my garden grow
Dead blooms
Cabbage Patch moi
Plants are growing

5 Comments:

Blogger Kynne said...

I love your tomatoes photo!

So BIG, so RED, so JUICY. So *NGAP* macam nak makan. Hehehe... I buy more tomatoes-still-in-vines now rather than without. But those in vines are imported from Holland. So mahal. 6 of those (like the ones in your photo) cost about SG$5.50! Almost £2 I think. My mum said I'm too fickle in buying tomatoes since all are the same. For me, it's in the taste. The ones still in vines are much more yummier (slurp!) than the ones they sold at pasar here.

Cannot tahan looking at that tomatoes photo.

I actually moved my head closer to the monitor and opened my mouth macam want to eat like that, much to the amusement of my dad who then said... "Only 2 days of fasting, cannot tahan already ah girl?"

Cheh.

9/27/2006 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

lolz!

Yes, fresh tomatoes are really nice! they smell and taste completely different.But I guess if you are cooking with them it doesnt matter? Theres nothing nicer than a fresh tomato off the vine...yum.

Its so fresh you can still see the fly on my tomato..heh.

The reason that the tomatoes at the pasar is still green when we buy them is because tomatos takes ages to ripen..mine has been on the vine for a month!!

9/27/2006 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger Winn said...

i like your sunflowers!

9/30/2006 02:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you did well!! i'm actually quite impressed that they did grow :) good job.. i'm still waiting for my jam.

9/30/2006 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

im impressed that anything grew at all!I lost all motivation after I came back from Msia - next season i plant your fav amarylis lily for you ok!Expect some blooms in april!

re jam, you will not be getting any jam as I will be going via OZ at year end=oz airport=no food:(

Unless you want to chance getting a jar of broken jam via post?

10/02/2006 12:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home