exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Thursday, November 02, 2006

the day it turned zero

snow11
Mar 2002 - Shaver Lake, California

Yesterday , at -3 deg , was the first bout of winter wonderland in the UK due to the happyfyingly chilly nothern winds.Not happy. My ears feels like they're falling off.my nose feels frozen to the touch. But due to the bizzare sunniness of the whole day (need sunglasses), I am actually sweating, believe it or not, after walking into town earlier. But my ears are still numb from the painful chills. Go figure.

I've dugged through my packed boxes to retreive last years' winter clothes - at the rate the weather's changing, I simply cannot afford to just keep buying new clothes every other day!!!! Oi, winter clothes are not cheap ok (more material, thicker, all that jazz) …but I do quite fancy the mixing and matching of different outfits to create 'a look' .I feel the pressure to be pseudo fashionable here due to the everchanging stock(every other month) in the shops signalling a new trend and out with the old….and me walking in with my painfully so-ten-minutes-ago polka dotted hairband has the salesgirls cringing in pain. Well, not that serious, but close. I remember I could wear the same thing for a few years in KL, and it'll still be on sale!!

I've also stumbled across some pictures of our first snowy trip back in 2002 - back in the days where we were not stuck in Gua, Goa or GB - but in Fresno. It felt that we were like the three stooges…in a good way

snow-kenmilidrey
Ken the Iron Chef showing off his icicled (sp??) boobs

snow-milielvin01
coming down the mountain elv swerved and hit a side post, scratching his beloved civic.

100-0011_IMG
The way we were one chinese new year in 2002

DSC01001
The way we were one hen night in 2006

8 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Wow that 2002 haircut. Excellent. Hahah!

11/03/2006 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

That looks like some of the places on the other side of Lake Tahoe......truly God's country!

I'm typing this from Singapore BTW.
Good morning from that Island south of Malaysia.........

11/03/2006 02:19:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

Moo: Shh.Don't scream so loud.This is why it's all filed under private in my flickr account.You should take a look at other shit that I've done.a day's worth of laugh man

Skippy: I HATE YOU! Pls have a plate of nasi lemak on my behalf please:).yummm...*salivate*

Will post my pics of Lake Tahoe if I can find them...I made a couple of side trips to Reno.plus Yosemite! Now, that's truly God's country

11/03/2006 08:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never aged. LOL hahahahahahah.. the sun is getting to me.

11/03/2006 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Skippy-san said...

I used to live outside of Reno so I was at Tahoe skiing a lot. Did some good camping and hiking up at Echo lake and I've made that drive from Sacramento more than a couple of times.

I was at food courts today but I took the cowards way out and had chiken rice sets......pretty good anyway.

Any good recommendations to get Nasi Lemak?

11/03/2006 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

dreebee: If it makes you feel better, then I shall leave you in your disillusionment:P

skippysan: OUTRAGEOUS! How can you do the chicken rice set thingy! Although i must admit,it is quite good:).

Hmm..I dont know where to get great nasi lemak in singapore,sorry. I bet you can find it in foodcourts though - have no fear, adventure on!!!!

11/03/2006 02:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh... that poor civic got a really really unfortunate life.

11/07/2006 03:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can find good Nasi Lemak at Holland Village. Anyway, Malaysia Nasi Lemak is still the best!

11/08/2006 11:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home