exordinarily ordinary

A tail of a girl..

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

fairytale interrupted

But the fairytale had not always been that way. Love is never made out of all sugar and spice and everything nice.No matter how much of a happy front we present, I will always be the first to admit that there had been issues and there will always be issues. Maybe it's because we are contradicting personalities We have had more than our share of beef, which, if we were not planning/alredy married, I would've just walked out of it all, like I always do. Protect thyself before ye fall, I say.But this time,it's somewhat different.

The pain of seeing him leave me 8 times over the course of last year; each time not knowing when will I see him again.And the apprehension of whether he'll still love me the next time we meet again.

The expensive phone bills that we both racked up and the endless hours online which does not compensate for togetherness.

I remember the time when I said I didn't want to move to the UK until the end of the year, and he thought that I did not want to marry him anymore.

When we started planning the wedding, and we both wanted very different things, it tore us apart. We allowed it to get bigger and bigger, and without us knowing, it grew so big, it ate us up (moo & drey should remember this).It look us a long time to mend that tear in the relationship, and we are still mending the holes with nothing more than plasters

Then there was the one extremely clear moment in the past year when I seriously considered leaving him. Even 'nice guys' have their bad moments. I remember dreybee telling me over chicken katsu don and mochi ice cream that if I let him go, I might never find someone to love again.Ever.Will die a bitter old lady. So that decided, we sang crazy frog instead. Thanks dreybee.

I have had questions from readers and friends alike as to when/how did I know he was the one. Well, you don't. You just get a gut feeling, close your eyes, cross your fingers and jump.We've had what is considered a whirlwind romance,but sometimes it's not the length of time you spend with someone ,but the way he makes you start each day with laughter .

7 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Great last paragraph. Inspiration for us all.

8/01/2006 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

fuyioh,abit serious using me as an inspiration.Hahaha.

What will come, will come.And I promise you this'll be the last emo post on bacon...this is turning into a soppy love song.

8/01/2006 01:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"despite the ills and hatred in the world, the love that simon and mili have for each other, gives us hope -- esp. for single people like us, that true love do exist"

--- ms bridesmaid

8/01/2006 02:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like you comment about love not being made up of sugar & spice...very very true. Alot of girls (dunno bout guys) still think life, especially meeting someone and then getting married, is a fairytale. Thats why they end up with 'issues' and wonder why they have problems.

8/02/2006 07:27:00 AM  
Blogger sourrain said...

bridesLAVE for hire: Speech some more lah, the mil is now selling you off and pictures of you in my album has traces of drool.Grr

Jo:Its because as girls we were all brought up with illusions of cinderella and snow white, anything less would be a disaster.But life goes on, and that's what people who yearn to be fairy princesses don't get.

8/02/2006 08:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think, it's because your mind want to believe so but neglect the reality in life however life does need to go on no matter how... Choice does has a purpose but do not let purpose to lead your choice or else....hahaha...there is no love!!

p/s: Mili, I just being a bit sarcastic...since I got nothing better to do...

8/06/2006 01:30:00 PM  
Blogger sourrain said...

I also dunno what tok you, so its ok.What to do..you so cheem...sigh,I so shallow..

8/07/2006 08:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home